Make PowerSchool SIS viewing session length longer

ai_cr
Recruit

Make PowerSchool SIS viewing session length longer

Hi, as I'm new to this forum I don't exactly know where to post feedback to PowerSchool, but I have a suggestion on how to improve it.

I think the PowerSchool SIS viewing session length is way too short. I open PowerSchool SIS to view my grades, and then 30 minutes later I would like to view them again to look at something else. Much to my dismay, I've been signed out and I have to sign back in! This is an inconvenience to me and surely many other students and parents out there.

I don't see the harm in making the session length somewhat longer, such as to 2-5 hours. This way, I can keep a tab with my grades open and only occasionally sign in again. Changing that would preserve my and my fellow students' sanity.

Thanks! 🙂

1 Solution
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The length of time before you are signed out is a setting on the Admin side of PowerSchool, so the functionality you are asking for already exists. You would need to contact someone in your district about possible changing the number of minutes before you are signed out. See attached.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JeffG9
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

The length of time before you are signed out is a setting on the Admin side of PowerSchool, so the functionality you are asking for already exists. You would need to contact someone in your district about possible changing the number of minutes before you are signed out. See attached.

Ah. I'll see if I can contact my admins about but, but alas I am merely a lowly student. 😛 Thanks!