Language Translate Forms

dalilaalvarez

Language Translate Forms

Good Morning,

I am a district translator and I wanted to see where I can find information on a step by step instruction manual on how to language translate forms? Do I need to have full administrative access to do it? Please there is very limited information and training in the language translation part of PowerSchool. I am more interested in the Special Programs side of PowerSchool and how each IEP and form can be translated for my teachers. Please any guidance or help will be very useful. Thank you and have great day

1 Solution
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @MarkL6

For any documents before being translated, the document template must be translated into the target language. Each document template can support one or more translations.

You can refer to this document: language-translation for more information.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @dalilaalvarez,

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community.  PowerSchool provides a toolkit that makes it easy to translate the system into any language. 

This includes the PowerSchool SIS Teacher portal, ReportWorks, labels on various pages, fields used for Student/Teacher/Staff searches, and configuration items like Attendance codes, course names, and grade scale items.  Online help  for the Administrator/Student/Parent /Substitute/Teacher web pages can also be translated using this toolkit.

You will need to work with the Technical Contacts at your school/district to provide you with access to this Help Guide that explains more about this localization process. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We will be more than happy to assist you.  

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.
MarkL6
Practitioner

HI, I also have questions about Special Programs and translations.  I do not think the original question was about localization.  What is the easiest way to update translations in Special Programs? I am confused where these forms are usually state dictates and in the case of Massachusetts 16 different languages are provided why there is not a less manually intensive way to update the translations.

Is there a step to step guide to language translation in Special Programs??

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @MarkL6

For any documents before being translated, the document template must be translated into the target language. Each document template can support one or more translations.

You can refer to this document: language-translation for more information.

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
MarkL6
Practitioner

Understand that, still silly that PowerSchool does not do the translations as in Massachusetts the state dictates the forms and has the translations available. This process leaves a lot of room for error.

NinaRi
Veteran

Hello @MarkL6,

Thank you for your response.  We passed your feedback along to the product team. We see that you submitted a feature request in our Products Ideas Portal.  

We encourage other members to search for the idea:  UCSP-I-528 and provide a vote to increase visibility. 

We also responded to your post on this thread on how you can work with the PowerSchool Keys to Ownership Team to possibly assist you with translation services.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We will be happy to assist you.  Thank you!

Nina R.
Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.