Keep Getting "OOPS- Houston We Have a Problem" error

bethanynmeyer

Keep Getting "OOPS- Houston We Have a Problem" error

I am almost done with my application and have uploaded all of my attachments, but when I hit "Save and Continue" I keep getting an error message.

When I hit "HELP" as instructed I was sent to PowerSchool and had to create an account. 

I'm not getting any help, and I'm frustrated. I've tried several times to complete this step of the application. 

Now what? 

9 Replies
aweissenfluh

Re: Keep Getting "OOPS- Houston We Have a Problem" error

Same issue but just after I complete my education page...then when I click the help button it said I didn't have a PowerSchool Community acccount.  So I signed up for that then clicked help and it redirected me to the "You don't have access to that resource" page.  Nice...

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @bethanynmeyer@aweissenfluh,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community!  We are currently seeing issues with uploading documents within Unified Talent.  Our development team is aware of the issues and working hard to investigate the cause and get a resolution in place as quickly as possible.  

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience while we through the issue.

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
aweissenfluh

I believe I've discovered the issue - or at least a work around.  When working from a mac (Macbook Air) with Chrome, the redirect was not loading properly.  I attempted to use Chrome on a windows device and it worked just fine.

Chrome version:

Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mac OS version:

High Sierra 10.13.6

sbercovitz

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!! I Keep Getting "OOPS- Houston We Have a Problem" error

HELP!!!!

I KEEP GETTING THE "HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM MESSAGE!

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!!

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out in the PowerSchool Community!

Would you please confirm the operating system, browser, and version of the browser you are using when you receive this error message in Unified Talent?

Jamie H.
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
laura_dyrland
Recruit

I am unable to submit my application for employement. I continue to get an error page with "houston we have a problem". I have tried re-uploading my resume which i uploaded as a .docx. I have tried uploading both with and without flash and continue to get the error.

I am using Windows 10 Chrome version Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Community Moderator

Thank you for participating in the PowerSchool Community and providing this information!

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties submitting your application!  I recommend clearing the cache and browsing history within your browser and attempting to submit the application again.  This site should walk through clearing the cache and browsing history in the most common browsers. 

Jamie H.
BillieBowler
Recruit

I have followed all of the steps above and I still can not get past the attachments page.  What is the next step?

Billie Jo

Community Moderator

Thank you for your response!

If you are continuing to experience an error message when submitting your application, I recommend reaching out to Unified Talent Support to review your application to further assist.  You should be able to connect to Unified Talent Support using this direct link.

Jamie H.