Importing QTI Files Into Schoology

MrVeliz

Importing QTI Files Into Schoology

I am trying to import the QTI quiz into my courses. Schoology can import the file; however, when I click on the file, there is nothing. I tried QTI v1.2 (ZIP) and QTI v2.1 and v2.2 (ZIP). 

Can anyone help?

10 Replies
KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @MrVeliz

The Content uploaded via the QTI v2.1 and 2.2 tool imports to Resources as assessments only.

The following question types can be imported into Schoology with QTI v2.1 and v2.2:

• Multiple Choice
  • True/False
  • Matching
  • Ordering
  • Fill in the Blank Text
  • Fill in the Blank Dropdown
  • Fill in the Blank Drag and Drop
  • Short Answer/Essay
  • Audio
  • Video
  • File Upload
  • Label Image
  • Highlight Hotspot
  • Highlight Image
  • Highlight Text

Here are the QTI v2.1 & 2.2 Import Metadata Limitations:
Bloom’s Taxonomy, Depth of Knowledge, Grade Level, and Subject, and Learning Objectives (with the exception of AB Certica standards and GUIDs) attributes do not import to Schoology.

Please let us know if this helped or in case of any further queries. 

KritiS
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
mgibsonhcpsus
Padawan

mgibsonhcpsus_0-1694614043684.png

This is all I see when I try to import a QTI 1.2 zip file as an assessment. I have tried it as a 2.1/2.2 file as well with the same result. I know the import feature is working because when I import as a plain zip, I get the embedded folders in the zip file.

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

They are very unclear on this, especially for users of ExamView which is the dominant tool for materials from publishers.

Import into Schoology looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.00.21 PM.png

Whereas exports from ExamView options are:

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 12.01.20 PM.png

carolynbush
Journeyman

I am having the same trouble.  I when I import the QTI file into Schoology Resources, the folder is completely empty.

Dr_Phil_Pulley
Veteran

Worked once, but I was running so many variations I have no idea. And even then they didn't come in as Assessment questions but as Test/Quiz ones.

Why announce 'new' features if they don't work correctly and no one knows the export settings for the most commonly used publisher materials if it doesn't work?

mgibsonhcpsus
Padawan

Do you get this:

mgibsonhcpsus_1-1694614204150.png

carolynbush
Journeyman

Yes.  I was also pulling in Question well.   I ended up doing MUCH better using the Blackboard export out of Question well instead of QTI and importing into Schoology.  Do you want my directions?

mgibsonhcpsus
Padawan

yes please! I tried the blackboard option but it did not produce anything different. Hopefully your directions will help!

carolynbush
Journeyman

Start at the 3:45 mark of this video.  https://www.loom.com/share/The-future-of-quiz-making-with-Google-Slides-29-August-2023-f598922670714...

If you are interested in in using CHAT GPT and the widget (instead of Question Well)  Here's my presentation for that. (go to slide 4)

mgibsonhcpsus
Padawan

This worked! You are amazing, thank you ever so much!

I have tried chatgpt but find the questions cannot always be directly traced back to the input reading which is not super helpful. It relies on some background knowledge it has to create filler questions it seems.