Rookie

How to set up access to view teacher roll book set-up

3 Replies
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Re: How to set up access to view teacher roll book set-up

@dmadison 

What product are you using and what specifically are you trying to do? Are you asking how to get Admin-side access to view a PowerTeacher Pro gradebook?

As Data Manager, I would like to view teachers grade book set-up.  In previous years if a student was absent more than 5 times, their letter grade on the Quick Look up Screen would change to an "F", however the percentage would remain at the grade earned.  I noticed one teacher whose student has excessive absences and the letter grade is still appearing as a passing grade, "B".  My goal is to make sure ALL teachers are using the same set up.

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@dmadison 

Abscences have no bearing on the grade calculations in PowerTeacher Pro. If it is a school- or district-wide policy that students' grade changes based on abscences, teachers would have to manually make that change in the course grade column. A special code to use for "Absent" on an assignment grade could be created and given a value of 0 in the Special Codes scale attached to the Grade Scale for the section, but that doesn't seem to be what you are asking about.

To give an Admi user read-only access to a PT Pro gradebook, you must create a user access role with the "PowerTeacher Pro Read Only Admin Access" box checked an assign it to the Admin user. The user would then click on the teacher's name under Teacher Schedules and click the "PowerTeacher Pro" button to view the gradebook.

It is also possible to push out traditional grade calculations from the Admin side to ensure uniformity, but again, attendance doesn't factor into those calculations.