Hotspot Item Interaction

Highlighted
Emmie1
Practitioner

Hotspot Item Interaction

While creating an item for a math assessment, I am unable to enter more than 1 Hotspot Interaction.  Is there a problem with entering more than 1 Hotspot interaction?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator mgiles
Community Moderator

Re: Hotspot Item Interaction

Thanks for providing more information, Emmie. Today when I created an item with two hotstop interaction images I did encounter some odd behavior. First I noticed that when I previewed the item after I had uploaded one image into each Hotspot interaction, the second image replaced (at least in preview mode and when I tried to add the item to a test) the first image in the first interaction. This seems to be the reverse, but same issue you encountred. I was able to get the second image to load properly when I dragged the jpeg/png images into the interactions rather than using the "add image" icon. 

In discussing this with the PM Team, we recomend a best practice of creating these images as resources in your site and then uploading these images as resources rather than as straight images. This will allow you and other users to access this specific image more easily in the future when creating similar or related items. 

For more details on creating and adding resources, please log in to your Performance Matters site and click on: https://unify.performancematters.com/help/Content/modules/resources/AddResourcesItems.htm?Highlight=...

Another point to keep in mind, we recommend images be smaller the 600x600pxi.

I appreciate you letting us know about this issue. I am going to send it up to the product team for more investigation. Let me know how it goes!

Emmie1
Practitioner

Thank you for all your help regarding the Hotspot Interaction.  I am doing the "Happy Dance" because I was successful entering the 2 Hotspot Interactions this morning; thanks to your guidance.  The steps that worked were as follows:

- before creating new resources, I reduced the size of the 2 images needed to just below 600 pixels.

- added them as new resources to the resource bank.

- set up a new item and added the 2 Hotspot Interactions.

- added the first image from the resource bank.

- then added the second image by dragging it in from my picture file.

This worked for me and the item was saved successfully!!!  Yippee!  Yippee!

Thank you again!

10 Replies
Community Moderator

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through the Community! There is no known issue with creating an item with two or more hotspot interactions. Is there a specific error or issue you are encountering that is not allowing you to save the item? The more details you can provide about the item you are trying to create, the better we can help.

Emmie1
Practitioner

Thank you for your response.  The first Hotspot can be created perfectly.  The problem starts when I add the 2nd Hotspot Interaction and attempt to add the background image in the second Hotspot Interaction.  The image in the 2nd Hotspot will not populate.  Also, the Hotspots that were added to the first image disappear when I attempt to add the second image.  Sometimes the image I add to the first Hotspot Interaction jumps to the 2nd Hotspot Interaction background.  I have tried separating the 2 interactions by using the red arrow but to no avail.  No matter what I try to add two separate images, only 1 Hotspot image can be added within the item I am trying to create.

I am so puzzled, as three weeks ago, I was able to create two Hotspots within 1 item.

Community Moderator

Thanks for providing more information, Emmie. Today when I created an item with two hotstop interaction images I did encounter some odd behavior. First I noticed that when I previewed the item after I had uploaded one image into each Hotspot interaction, the second image replaced (at least in preview mode and when I tried to add the item to a test) the first image in the first interaction. This seems to be the reverse, but same issue you encountred. I was able to get the second image to load properly when I dragged the jpeg/png images into the interactions rather than using the "add image" icon. 

In discussing this with the PM Team, we recomend a best practice of creating these images as resources in your site and then uploading these images as resources rather than as straight images. This will allow you and other users to access this specific image more easily in the future when creating similar or related items. 

For more details on creating and adding resources, please log in to your Performance Matters site and click on: https://unify.performancematters.com/help/Content/modules/resources/AddResourcesItems.htm?Highlight=...

Another point to keep in mind, we recommend images be smaller the 600x600pxi.

I appreciate you letting us know about this issue. I am going to send it up to the product team for more investigation. Let me know how it goes!

Community Moderator

As a follow up, Emmie. I was able to get a fully functioning item with more than one Hotspot when I first created the images as Resources and then added them to individual Hotspot interactions within a single item. I also had no trouble previewing the item with multiple interactions in Item or Test Preview mode.

Please do let me know if you have any other questions. 

Emmie1
Practitioner

Thank you for all your help regarding the Hotspot Interaction.  I am doing the "Happy Dance" because I was successful entering the 2 Hotspot Interactions this morning; thanks to your guidance.  The steps that worked were as follows:

- before creating new resources, I reduced the size of the 2 images needed to just below 600 pixels.

- added them as new resources to the resource bank.

- set up a new item and added the 2 Hotspot Interactions.

- added the first image from the resource bank.

- then added the second image by dragging it in from my picture file.

This worked for me and the item was saved successfully!!!  Yippee!  Yippee!

Thank you again!

Padawan

how can i get power school login

@Emmie1 wrote:

While creating an item for a math assessment, I am unable to enter more than 1 Hotspot Interaction.  Is there a problem with entering more than 1 Hotspot interaction?

@Emmie1 wrote:

@Emmie1 wrote:

Community Moderator

Hi There. 

Thanks for reaching out to the PowerSchool Community Forum. 

Based on your email account, I'm not about to determine what product within the PowerSchool platform you are hoping to login to. If you are a teacher, admininstrator, student or parent, I'd recommend reaching out to your school or district PowerSchool account managers for information about the login process as all our clients have unique criteria for accessing PowerSchool products. 

Thank you.

Emmie1
Practitioner

I am not certain what you are asking but I am a District User in the Performance Matters/Unify platform.  My job is to enter items and create assessments.  Since PowerSchool acquired the platform in which I work, I have had difficulty getting through to technical support for minor issues or questions.  When there are major issues, I report them to our Local Accountability Coordinator, who submits a ticket.  It was my understanding PowerSchool Community was a source that would be helpful.  So far, I have found this to be accurate.  If you can steer me in a different direction that will link me to a direct source, I welcome your assistance.

Thank you.

Community Moderator

Hi, Emmie. My previous reply was to the user who commeted in reply to you (above my previous post) about having login issues, unrelated to your HotSpot Interaction question. You are doing great with using the Community Forum! Keep up the good work!