Feature request

Highlighted
bradhayashi
Journeyman

Feature request

In PowerSchool, can we please have a way to consolidate all class sections together for taking attendance? I teach an elective and I have two or more grade levels in one class. As such, I have to open two to three sections of the same class to take attendance. VERY ANNOYING! And it takes more time than if I could just open ONE class and take attendance all at once.

Purty please?

Brad

4 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Feature request

Hi @bradhayashi

Thank you for your post! If you have technical contacts from your site who would like to explore this further, we do have some resources to help. Please feel free to have them reach out through our Community and we can point them to the appropriate resources.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

This feature exists today in PowerSchool SIS. To take attendance for all sections at once in a period where you are teaching multiple sections, do the following:

1. In PowerTeacher Portal, click on the attendance chair icon for one of the sections that meets in that period.

2. At the top of the next screen, click on the "Show Multiple Sections" button.

3. You can now enter attendance for all sections in one roster view for all sections meeting that period.

Have a great day!

bradhayashi
Journeyman

That doesn't work. It just shows that class and no other for that period.

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hello. What version of PowerSchool are you on? When you look at your list of courses on the PowerTeacher portal, do the sections you teach at the same time have the same period and day? Notice in the video that I have two sections with the period U3(B), and they both display when I use the "Show Multiple Sections" feature.

Thanks, and looking forward to your response.