Enhancement Request-Make current selection from quick import

LynneM2
Achiever

Enhancement Request-Make current selection from quick import

This is an Enhancement Requests. I've seen several posts wanting to know where to post Enhancement Requests. It appears there is no clear designated area for Enhancement Requests - so if yoiu like this idea, I guess it will need "Kudos" ....

After running a quick import, it would be great if I could make those students my current selection.  Many times I'm working in a file outside of PowerSchool, I may take a small selection from that file to import and I then want to review the records to make sure the data appears as expected. Currently I have to go to PowerSchool and look the students up one at a time.  I would love to be able to click a link at the bottom of the import results page, that would allow me to make that group of students my current selection. 

If this suggestion is already posted somewhere, please let me know and I will vote it up.

4 Replies
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: Enhancement Request-Make current selection from quick import

Hi @LynneM2,

Thank you for providing this information!  I will be happy to submit this feature request on your behalf to the PowerSchool Product Team.  Would you provide which product the enhancement request is for, please?

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
LynneM2
Achiever

PowerSchool SIS Admin

pdawson
Journeyman

I like your idea and would also like to expand it slightly. When I import State ID's the only message displayed is that it's done -- no count or anything. When I manually go in to check I've found that sometimes they're updated, sometimes not. So, it would be nice to have students set as a selection list anytime you do an import.

Angelam7
Veteran

Hi @LynneM2@pdawson,

Sure thing!  I will be happy to submit the feature requests to the product team for review.  If additional information is needed someone from the product team will reach out to both of you directly.  We encourage everyone to continue to provide their ideas and feedback for improvement!

Thank you for posting in the Community!

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!