Ecollect forms - document attachment

AlaaA
Journeyman

Ecollect forms - document attachment

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a form through Ecollect forms, all students should access this form, and each student must attach his document and submit. The issue is I can’t see documents!

Where is the location that these documents stored?

How I can have access to view all documents submitted by any student.

Thanks

12 Replies
DataJeannie
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

To see the documents, go to that form and sign in to the documents section.

You should be able to see/download the documents from there.

Hope this helps!
Jeannie

Jeannie White
Edkey, Inc. - The Sequoia Family of Schools, Arizona, USA
10 LEAs (Subdistricts) -- 10,000 + students
Hosted by PowerSchool
AOI and Meeting Attendance

I am not a PowerSchool Employee

AlaaA
Journeyman

hi,

thx for your reply , as admin user , i couldnt see document from ecollect reports or ecollect forms , 

i saw only student name,student number , is there a way to see document from database ? are these documents stored in database table? or in folder somewhere in the server ?

thanks

Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

@AlaaA,

Thank you for connecting with us!

We recommend reaching out to the PowerSchool Designated Support Contact within your district who should be able to connect with the Ecollect support team.  The support can take a look at your instance to see if there is something that is restricting you from viewing the documents and help troubleshoot this for you.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Crawfordkimberly75

How can I add my child
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @Crawfordkimberly75,

To assist you further, would you please provide more details of where you would like to add your child?

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
pjerry
Rookie

Is it possible to add links to an Ecollect Form?

SowmyaN
Expert

Hi @pjerry 

Thank you for reaching out for assistance through PowerSchool Community!

You can add links to Ecollect forms. I recommend reaching out to existing Designated Support Contacts in your school district who should be able to assist you with How-to questions.

Sowmya Karmel
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jrieflin
Journeyman

Links can be embedded in many parts of ECollect forms such as in the TITLE or in the DESCRIPTION areas of a TEXT-BOX element.  Observe the HTML code in this example which is in the DESCRIPTION area of one of my TEXT-BOX items on a Student Health form:

Please complete the <A HREF="https://www.exampledomain.com/healthform.pdf">Health Form.</A>

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

@pjerry wrote:

Is it possible to add links to an Ecollect Form?

This would probably be best served as a stand alone forum question. However, the answer is yes. Most of the text areas in the creation of an ecollect form are HTML ready so you can do a basic anchor tag to add the link. However, I would avoid doing this in the Title Box of the question itself b/c that will affect your response reports and make it difficult to parse the data.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 4.46.50 PM.png

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

dmhall
Hobbyist

We are able to see the documents attached but they are locked and we are not open them or have them show up in student attachments.  Do you know what the problem is with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

We are hosted and on v20.11.0.1 (or whatever most recent version is)

ecollect version is showing v20.11.1 but there is an update available v20.11.3 but I have to have a token(?) to update....

Thanks in advance for your help!!

MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @dmhall 

It looks like you are logged into the attachment element as a user who does not have permission to view attachments.  We recommend using a valid account or reaching out to the PowerSchool support team to have the current account the granted permissions.

Muskan Sehar

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
dmhall
Hobbyist

Thanks for the comment. That is exactly what the problem was.  They had not set up anyone to be able to open attachments while we were in our deployment phase.  I submitted a support ticket and was able to get this fixed.