ECollect

FredHull
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

ECollect

Is there a way to prevent a user from back dating a form in ECollect?

1 Solution
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you go into the Survey Item that has the date field. Select that date field and on the left go down to the very bottom and click the Custom Data Validation pop out icon:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.40.56 AM.png

Then from here you can put a MIN and MAX date in:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.41.16 AM.png

Doug Skinner

District Instructional Data Officer
Gateway Regional School District

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

All Form responses have a Time Stamp in the Date column, instead of worrying about back dating you can use time stamp in the form reports.

If you have your own date field question on the form you can add validation to set a minimum date to prevent people from entering a date prior to a specific date. It would be nice to be able to enter a code like Today or Sysdate in the validation but I don't believe that functionality exists.

Doug Skinner

Did your issue get solved? Please remember to give Kudos and/or select Accept As Solution on the helpful posts to thank the author and to help others find the solution.

FredHull
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Hi Doug! Yes I was hoping I could have add those codes to prevent the parents from entering a date earlier than today's date. How would i add the validation to the minimum date field? Just enter a date?

ItsOnlyDoug
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

If you go into the Survey Item that has the date field. Select that date field and on the left go down to the very bottom and click the Custom Data Validation pop out icon:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.40.56 AM.png

Then from here you can put a MIN and MAX date in:

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 8.41.16 AM.png

Doug Skinner

FredHull
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Thanks Doug!