Deleting preregistered student

hornejf01
Journeyman

Deleting preregistered student

I enrolled a student for next year and they now are not going to attend.  What is the best way to delete this entry?

3 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @hornejf01,

Deleting a student in PowerSchool is not supported.  The supported process is to "archive" the student.  Doing so will effectively make the student invisible so that they will not appear in the Gradebook, Administrative reports (including State Reports), Report Cards, etc.  The admin should be able to archive a student from the student's Transfer Info page.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
hornejf01
Journeyman

I am the administrator.  Do I transfer the student?

jrand
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It sounds like you're wanting to delete the student record, which is not supported. You could do it using DDA and then deleting the contact that is created after you delete the student. This could orphan records. It might be better to recycle the student record next time you get a new student. 

If you're just trying to remove the current line of enrollment, you can copy the information from the first re-enrollment line to the current line and then delete the first re-enrollment line. This will remove the FTE in the current line, which you will need to reset. 

It's often the case that duplication is the reason folks want to delete students. There's some additional discussion regarding duplicate students you might find helpful https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Administrator/returning-student-but-two-records/m-p/...

Joyce Rand
Antelope Valley Union High School District
Lancaster, California

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

Exceptional People Offering Exceptional Solutions
Explore Becoming a PowerSchool Mentor today!