Deleting an employment History

3msandh
Journeyman

Deleting an employment History

I am on TalentEd Hire applying for a teacher position and the district wants all your jobs within the same district to be entered under the School District one time.  I am trying to delete some of my employment history so I will only have the district entered once with all the different buildings that I taught in.  When I "click" on the employment history that I want to delete, it doesn't stay highlighted for me to be able to go down to the bottom and "click" on "Delete Selected".  I have been messing with this for three days on and off.  I have asked several diffenent people and they don't know why it doesn't work.  I called the school district and asked them about it and they told me to get in touch with TalentEd.  Hopefully, someone can tell me if this is a "glitch" in the system and can fix it for me or something.    I have actually gone in and deleted everything that I had typed in and it just resets it all over again.  PLEASE HELP!!

Melanie

20 Replies
Angelam7
Veteran

Re: Deleting an employment History

Thank you for reporting this issue when submitting an application!

The issue has now been resolved.  You should no longer receive an error message when submitting an application with Unified Talent.  We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we review and correct this issue.

Angelam7
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
ML24
Recruit

I am unable to delete entries in Employment History. Every time I try, it makes a new entry. I see that there was a glitch reported. Is there a workaround yet?

Also, I get sent to an error page with a baby on it when I add reference letters to the References section.

Thanks,

M

brownstein
Journeyman

The issue does not seem to have been resolved. I have been experiencing the exact same issue since May. I feel this is making me ineligable for multiple positions I have sought out. Please help/advise.

-Zachary Brown-Silverstein

owilliams
Journeyman

Dear brownstein,

I feel for you, as this issue was very frustrating for me as well.  If only the employment history could be erased so you could start all over from scratch!  Not only does it have duplicate employment histories in the list, it also has them out of chronological order, and allows minimal editing!  This tech issue should not take so long to fix!

You do not want to miss out on opportunities for employment!  It does not look like PowerSchool is going to get the issue fixed any time soon (it's been an issue for months that I'm aware of).  As an applicant, my advice to you, and anyone dealing with this issue, follows:  

1) In the "Empoyment History" section of the application, do the best edit you can with what the program will allow you to do.  

2) Create a letter/correct employment history list, and attach it (as a PDF) in the "Attachments" section of the application.  I named my attachment "Letter Regarding Glitches in PowerSchool Program".  In the letter, explain the glitches, their effect on your submitted application, and then provide your correct list of employment history in that letter. Below, in quotes, is part of my letter that I submitted.  You/others who need help with this issue may use any part of it in typing up your own letter:

"Dear ________ :

On this day of _______, the date of my submission of the application for the above position, the PowerSchool TalentEd program has some glitches that are affecting my submitted application.  When I transferred my TalentEd account from another district to your district, the transfer did not work as well as it was supposed to.  In the transfer, there were some duplications and some omissions of information, and the ability to delete or edit that information, and the ability to chronologically order the list, was affected.  The PowerSchool TalentEd program duplicated employment history entries in addition to placing them out of order.  I tried to delete those duplicated entries, but the program will not allow me to delete them.  I tried to edit the entries; the program will allow me to partially edit, but it will not allow me to edit all fields.  Lastly, I tried to place the employment history in chronological order, but the program would not allow me to correct the order. 

I contacted PowerSchool Support.  I was told that their tech team is aware of the glitches, and are working on them.  I was also told that the glitches may take weeks/months to fix.  I asked if my account could be deleted so that I may start all over from scratch, without transferring an account.  I was told by the PowerSchool Support representative that deleting my account is not an option.  Therefore, I am submitting my application, affected by those glitches, so that I do not miss a teaching opportunity with ________.  My submitted application has out-of-order and duplicate employment history entries due to PowerSchool’s glitches.  Some of those duplicated entries will be “blank”.  Please ignore the blank entries.  Included with this letter is my correct list of employment history.

Please accept my apologies for the application as submitted.  If you are unable to successfully access the attachments, or any part of the application, please contact me at ________.

Respectfully,

_________"

3.  Call each school that you are applying to.  It is best if you can talk to the person that will be doing the interviews for the position(s) you are applying to.  Explain the application program glitch, and explain that you are attaching (to the application) the explanation letter with correct employment history.

Wishing you success!

owilliams : )

hay4034
Trainee

It is still not working and when I go in and add information to the duplicates that doesn't let me move on either.

owilliams
Journeyman

The issue Melanie reported on May 1st, 2019 (thank you, Melanie) is the exact same issue I'm having on June 10, 2019!  Thank goodness the community moderator, Angelam7, provided a TalentEd customer support number (866-389-1245).  PowerSchool tech team.... this issue has been a problem for at least 6 weeks!  I hope it gets resolved soon!

Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this issue!  

The PowerSchool Development team is currently aware of the issue and working quickly to resolve the issue of deleting employment history.

While we are working to resolve this, we recommend reaching out to the school's HR Department to inform them of the issue and request the entries are deleted.  

We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing and appreciate your patience as we work through the issue.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
bethw67

The issue is still not taken care of. I am trying to apply for a position using talented hire but cannot delete the history of employment. When I uploaded from another school district, it brought in all of the school districts application/employment history. Very frustrating and I have tried multiple computers thinking it was the system of the computer but no such luck. The job posting expires in three days. I am afraid I will not be able to meet the deadline as the issue has not been resolved as I can see from the comments section. I believe the issue won't be resolved unless they specifically work on a particular school district. VERY FRUSTRATING!! And it is a weekend. I have been trying to apply for well over a week and cannot contact anyone when they are in office. 

brownstein
Journeyman

I have also been experiencing this problem. It has become an issue when I try to apply to multiple jobs. I wish I could just erase all the employment history on the page and just start over. I have tried multiple computers, different browsers, contacting the schools involved. I am becoming extremely frustrated because I feel this issue is making me seem incompetent and ineligable for positions. This issue needs to be addressed or else I will forever regret ever having used school spring/ power school for my applications. Please advise as this is a very time sensitive issue.  Thank you