Deleted my sections by mistake

Highlighted
mcortez91
Journeyman

Deleted my sections by mistake

I accidentally did not carry over my sections from the previous school year. Is there a way to retreive these sections for my classes for the upcoming school year? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Deleted my sections by mistake

Thank you for the question!

If you are using PowerScheduler and no sections are appearing on the live side for the new year, you will need to commit your schedule to get the sections to appear. This is in PowerScheduler at the school in question, and as long as a working Build and Load have been Imported, you can select the "Commit" link to do this. This should only be done after successfully running a Build and/or Load.

If the Sections from last year need to be carried over to the new year, you will need to run "Copy Master Schedule" which is under System Administrator. This carries over all Courses and Sections from the previous year, although there is a process to go through to do this.

There are articles on both of these processes which will guide you step by step on how to do everything needed. However, these can only be accessed by Technical Contacts. I would recommend reaching out to your District's Technical Contact to find more information on this subject and to see these articles.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Are you saying you didn't commit your schedule?

mcortez91
Journeyman

Probably. I still have my classes such as Art, Math etc. but no longer have the sections that go inside each of these classes. 

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Thank you for the question!

If you are using PowerScheduler and no sections are appearing on the live side for the new year, you will need to commit your schedule to get the sections to appear. This is in PowerScheduler at the school in question, and as long as a working Build and Load have been Imported, you can select the "Commit" link to do this. This should only be done after successfully running a Build and/or Load.

If the Sections from last year need to be carried over to the new year, you will need to run "Copy Master Schedule" which is under System Administrator. This carries over all Courses and Sections from the previous year, although there is a process to go through to do this.

There are articles on both of these processes which will guide you step by step on how to do everything needed. However, these can only be accessed by Technical Contacts. I would recommend reaching out to your District's Technical Contact to find more information on this subject and to see these articles.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

View solution in original post