Clearing Student Search Feature

AndreaS39
Journeyman

Clearing Student Search Feature

Can someone please help with how to disable the student support search feature that continues to stack criteria? For example, when I search for a student and go back to the home screen after working with them, it keeps the first criteria there and listed.  In the old system when you went back to the home page, this criteria was removed. The stacking of criteria makes it difficult to find individuals. Thanks!

6 Replies
JeromeO
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

It's a "feature" of New Experience and can't be disabled.  We've had numerous complaints in our district as well once we unleashed it to our staff.

There are some enhancement requests already for this:

https://powerschool-enhancements.ideas.aha.io/ideas/SIS-I-13151

https://powerschool-enhancements.ideas.aha.io/ideas/SIS-I-13162

https://powerschool-enhancements.ideas.aha.io/ideas/SIS-I-13257

-----------
Troy School District, Troy, MI, USA
District Size: 13,000+
Server Config: On-prem/Self-hosted 3 app+1 db+2 test

I am not a PowerSchool employee

THARRIS2406
Journeyman

I'm adding to the complaint list. I do not like that feature either. It's extra and slows up things. 😁

AndreaS39
Journeyman

I’m glad I am not the only one!
mmccarthy
Hobbyist

It's HORRIBLE! I started another thread a while back before school started - I knew the pain point was going to be that damned clear all button and sure enough. Every single time I go in the school office I hear "**bleep** CLEAR ALL BUTTON"!!!

The other thing that stinks is it remembers if you were in staff or students in-between logins. So if I'm looking at staff - logout and come back the next day and start searching for students - I'm in staff!!

I sure hope that the powerschool folks are listening to the boots on the ground and fix this huge productivity problem!

AndreaS39
Journeyman

I am glad I am not the only one. The only way I have found to troubleshoot it when searching student names is to now use the “search” feature in the left hand corner above “list” as to not deal with the search bar anymore.
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mmccarthy@AndreaS39, and @THARRIS2406!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. 

We recommend sharing your ideas directly with our Product team through our PowerSchool Ideas Portal.  We have a similar idea on the same here:

• SIS-I-13151

You should be able to search for this idea number from the PowerSchool Ideas portal.  It also allows you to review the idea for status updates as well as share the idea with other users to support it by voting.  Our Product team is actively reviewing all the feedback they have received through the ideas portal.   While they are currently reviewing this idea, we do not have an update on if or when it will be available for a future release.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!