Change the Profile Type on a user in Customer Education Campus

mmarino
Padawan

Change the Profile Type on a user in Customer Education Campus

I need to change the Profile Type for a user in Customer Education Campus (PD+).  The type is showing "External" right now and will not allow the user access to the videos he needs.

3 Replies
ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mmarino,

Thank you for posting in the Community.

The profile type does not have any effect on the videos and courses being accessible to a user. Being a Team Admin on the Campus, you should be able to assign training to your user by following the listed steps

1. Navigate to the People tab on the dashboard

2. Click on the name of the person you wish to assign the course 

3. Click on the Courses tab and then select the option 'Assign to Course'

I recommend reviewing the PDPlus Administrator Guide under the Training Resources tab.

If you are still unable to assign then I recommend contacting PDPlus team by sending an email to pdplus@powerschool.com

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

mmarino
Padawan

Thank you.  I am well aware of the PDPlus Administrator's Guide and have reviewed it several times.  Where the Profile Type is listed as External on this user, it is blank for all of our other users and that is why I thought it was the problem.

I have previously gone through the steps you listed, but was still not able to access the courses this user needs.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @mmarino,

To troubleshoot this further please share the name of the course you are trying to assign to your user. 

ParitoshT

PowerSchool Support