Case Portal

Highlighted
rrusseau
Hobbyist

Case Portal

I see we now have access to the new case portal for our eSchool and eFinance products. Excellent.

It shows the cases I created, but not all cases assicated with our district. Does anyone know how I can see all cases for our district, not just the ones I personally created?

Thanks!

Rod

11 Replies
stockerm
Practitioner

Re: Case Portal

Hi Rod! I can see all of our cases by choosing Filter Results By > Show > My Site's Cases [had to change that from Show My Cases]. Welcome to the PowerSchool Community!

Midge Stocker
Evanston Township High School District 202
rrusseau
Hobbyist

Hi Midge!  I don't see that option.  I am going to Contact Support > Case Portal, then clicking on the 'Manage Cases' button.  Where is the filter option?  I used to use that option in the old portal.

Thanks!

Rod

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Hi Rod,

I believe you have to go to PowerSource rather than Case Portal on the PowerSchool Community page.  PowerSource is https://support.powerschool.com.  Once logged in there, click on the Support tab, then My Cases, then under 'Filter Results By' change My Cases to My Site's Cases.

Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Jen 

rrusseau
Hobbyist

Jen, yes that works.  Since I had been using the community and I saw case access there, I assumed I could use that just the same as the other.  But I see now that it's a much more scaled down version.

Thanks!

Rod

jgates
Practitioner

Why isn't there a link to it under contact support :-)?

dianah54
Hobbyist

I think PowerSchool Community is pretty open to all users, but PowerSource portal is only available to Administrators or Administrator-designates, so the Case access is at different levels depending on your path.

~Diana

SMBISHOP
Hobbyist

I have attempted to find an old case for my District as well and have not been able to find any cases prior to the new PowerSchool Community or PowerSource. This is frustrating to me as we reference old cases a lot when we have repeat issues in the District so we know what we need to do to correct it - very frustrating that we do not have the ability to do this function anymore. 

Serena 

dianah54
Hobbyist

We have only had eSchoolPLUS from 2016 but I found all my old cases in the portal by using the following parameters:

Show : My Site's Cases

Created: Anytime

Modified: Anytime

i couldn't figure out how to sort them by date but I got over 320 results and i did find some dated in 2016 so I assume i am seeing all of them. 

Once you have found them I assume you can search them by using the parameter "Keywords", but i haven't tried. 

I hope this helps you.

~Diana

dianah54
Hobbyist

I forgot to say i was in PowerSource when i set those parameters.

~Diana