Cannot add a second child

Highlighted
ppine7
Journeyman

Cannot add a second child

Our school sent an email requesting that I register my son with thisPowerSchool stuff. When I click on th eprovided link - I get tot he PowerPortal but only see my older daugher's information. There is no link to add a second child. 

I read through some other questions posted by parents and this seems to be a common problem - the design of the software is extremely NOT user friendly at all. 

Can you please provide clear instructions here , not bounce me to school, hundred other forums, phone, etc. - on how I can add a second child to this portal?

Thank you

10 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Cannot add a second child

Good afternoon @ppine7!

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulty with adding a second child. I will be in touch via private message shortly to assist you.

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jenncameron07
Padawan

I cannot add my second child to power school either. I agree that it is not user friendly. I my grade 10 child's passwords for it but no extra link. I have the power school mobile.
ppine7
Journeyman

The way I solved it was:

After getting numeroud reminders from school , specifically form Marilyn Salvas [portal staff?] that I have to update information about my second child, I finally replied to Marilyn Salvas that I tried that , that did not work, and I was not going to try troubleshooting again.

In response, she added my second child directly to the portal, somehow, and now it works for both my kids.

Good luck!

jenncameron07
Padawan

I cannot add my second child to power school either. I agree that it is not user friendly. I my grade 10 child's passwords for it but no extra link. I have the power school mobile.
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good Afternoon @jenncameron07!

Thank you for posting. If you are continuing to have difficulty with adding your child, you will want to reach out to your child's school and have the technology department add them directly. Since all student and parent accounts are created and managed by the school district, they should be able to manually reset and add the student if you are still having trouble. If they continue to have difficulty doing so, the district should have the means to connect with PowerSchool support and troubleshoot further as needed.

*Please Note: PowerSchool Group, LLC does not have control or access to your school’s PowerSchool features or configuration settings.

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Admin

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

If anyone from tech support is posting or watching this, I was having the same problem with my parents trying to add second children when they clicked on the account information nothing would come up or the page would be quirky.. I turned off customs and it worked.  I FINALLY found the custom page that was done and deleted it.

JUST FYI - if a parent is reading this you can not fix it, it has to be done by powerschool tech team.. but they should be able to add the student themselves for you.

ppine7
Journeyman

Since it is such an obvious bug in the Portal - why not just fix it??

PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I don't feel it is a bug because after we took care of the custimaztion which was a fix on the school end/district end not technically the powerschool program itself.  They system works fine for us now.  Parents can add students with no issue.  Now I do not send them a link to add students, I have them do it via the access codes and id's.  

So the link that was sent maybe something that is a issue, but what works for my district may not work for othersRobot Mad.  So far this year though with the FINALLY updated mobile app for parents, parents in my district love the portal.

jenncameron07
Padawan

My kids are in 2 different schools in the same town. Which are also 2 different districts. One is public and one is catholic. I still can't add my child who is in public school. So I have no idea, I guess I keep bugging her teachers for grades instead of using this app.