Building report with aggregated attendance an GPA

eloyesp
Journeyman

Building report with aggregated attendance an GPA

I'm trying to build a custom report from APEX using Agg_Attendance table and Simple_SPA field from Students table, but those seems to be empty.

According to the documentation Agg_Attendance table maintains aggregated data to be used on reports to have better performance and Simple_GPA should have the last calculated simple GPA for each student, but the first table seem to have no records and the Simple GPA seems to be always 0.

Any idea of what could be missing?

3 Replies
Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

Re: Building report with aggregated attendance an GPA

Thank you for reaching out on the PowerSchool Community!

I suggest reaching out to your district's Designated Support Contact who can connect with Designated Support Contacts from other districts, on the PowerSchool Community, who might have implemented similar setups and can help with working towards building a custom report from APEX using Agg_Attendance table and Simple_SPA field from Students table.

I will follow up with you via private message to discuss some queries that I have regarding the setup of your PowerSchool Community account.  This is part of our efforts to protect the privacy of our community members. You can view your private messages inside the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope in the top right corner of any page in the Community to the right of your avatar.  When a new message appears, you should see the number one with a dark red circle on the envelope.

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
eloyesp
Journeyman

@BishalGThanks for your response, but it is not answering my question. I know how to build the report, and I already made it, but the returned data doesn't seems to be consistent.

Also, I don't understand what kind of privacy issues you mention, as I'm not talking about actual data, but a generic question about schema consistency.

Is it normal for those fields to be empty or zero? Is there any circunstance that could explain that those values are shown as blank while there are valid values there?

Regards.

Community Support Expert BishalG
Community Support Expert

HI @eloyesp, Thank you for following up.

APEX is a separate Oracle Application, which adds additional reporting tools that can be used to pull data, generate reports from within PowerSchool and not a PowerSchool Product in itself.  While PowerSchool doesn't have knowledge on generating reporting within a third party product, other PowerSchool SIS Administrators on the Community may have this knowledge and we encourage them to share their experience here. 

Alternatively, your district's Designated Support Contact might be familiar with the process and help you find a solution to your query. 

Also, I would like to let you know that I reached out to you via Private Message to discuss your access to resources in PowerSchool Community!

Bishal G.
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!