Hobbyist

Re: August Challenge- Best Back to School Tips

I thought I was getting Powerschool swag 😞

cup.jpg

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I am so sorry you did not receive the cup with the PowerSchool logo.

I have followed up in a private message to discuss this further.

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Explore becoming a mentor today! Email us at mentors@powerschool.com
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Well @PS_AM1  I see that we have not yet reached 20 members with Back To School ideas, so I will chime in with mine in mid February. This suggestion works anytime of the year and is often overlooked as a way to communicate with your staff, teachers, students, and parents. 

Are you harnessing the power of Sign In Screen Custom Messages? You'll find this when signed in as Admin under District/District Setup/District Information. Here, you can customize what your users will see on their sign in page. Hard to miss these messages. Inform users about maintenance (see example), end of term, Tips & Tricks, and whatever you want to communicate. You can even inlude live links to help users get somewhere quicker. This messaging is done at the district level, so you cannot customize messages for each building. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.25.48 AM.png

What messages have others shared in this space? Share so we can all benefit.

Dave Tchozewski
Director of Information Technology
Kenowa Hills Public Schools
Grand Rapids, MI
Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @Dave_Tchozewski 

Thank you for sharing your experiences and suggestions to improve PowerSchool SIS for all users!  

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

I am an eSchoolPlus user and one of the things that we implemented that has helped our students and parents the most was taking advantage of the HAC News.

First, I changed the HAC Starting Page from Registration to Week View.  This not only displays the HAC News at the top of the page but also provides both students and parents the cycle day information.

Second, I use HAC News to communicate down times, Back to School Nights, Parent Teacher Conferences, etc.  Also have allowed our teachers to utilize this feature as well.

Finally, I continually review HAC setups to ensure that we are taking full advantge of the sytem and providing our parents and students with applicable information such as the Alerts.  Parent feedback on the Alerts has been very positive.

Highlighted
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hello @kgrundon,

We are really glad to see you sharing your implementation with us!

This seems like a great tip that would help our community members going forward!  We appreciate your thought and looking forward to hearing a lot from you!

Happy PowerSchooling!

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!