Audio recordings/Google Docs

ralam

Issue 1: I had students record audio responses for a test. When I try to listen, it says "Converting media..." but never actually loads anything.

Issue 2: Attaching a Google Doc to an assignment does not make copies in each classroom. I have to do that manually. When grading them, the student list requires me to scroll up and down to select students and then view their work. Shouldn't the viewing pane be stationary and the student list scroll within the pane??

4 Replies
JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ralam 

To assist you further, would you please confirm which PowerSchool product you are referring to?

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!

ralam

@JyotishkaB 

Thanks! Both issues are with Schoology. Issue #1 is with audio responses to test/quiz questions. Issue #2 is with reviewing work submitted via attached Google Docs (when a copy is made for each student).

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @ralam @erikro,

Regarding the "Converting Media" error, is it happening for a particular student on a single course or is it happening for all of your students? To troubleshoot this further, we would need to take a look at what kind of audio file is it with its format and size and will have to take a look at that test/quiz setup. I recommend working with the Schoology support contacts in your school district for this who will be able to reach out to the Schoology team through a support case on your behalf to dig further into this.

Additionally, when you attach a Google doc to an assignment it does not copy over to all the classes hosting that assignment and you will have to assign them manually to each classroom.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator 

erikro
Rookie

Issue 1: I had students record audio responses for a test. When I try to listen, it says "Converting media..." but never actually loads anything.

Issue 2: Attaching a Google Doc to an assignment does not make copies in each classroom. I have to do that manually. When grading them, the student list requires me to scroll up and down to select students and then view their work. Shouldn't the viewing pane be stationary and the student list scroll within the pane??

I encountered the same with Issue 1