Ask your support on schedule now our school is switch time Morning schedule and the next month (Dec

Sarlyna
Rookie

Ask your support on schedule now our school is switch time Morning schedule and the next month (Dec

Dear power school,

I would like to ask your support on schedule now our school is switch time Morning schedule (P1: 7:00AM to 8:30AM, P2: 8:50AM to 10:20AM, and P3: 10:30AM to 12:00PM) on the first month (November) and the next month (December) it switch to Afternoon schedule (P4: 2:00 PM to 2:50PM, P5: 3:00PM to 3:50PM, and P6: 04:00PM to 04:50PM)

And on Calendar Set up:

we set up on the first month (November) Morning schedule (P1: 7:00AM to 8:30AM, P2: 8:50AM to 10:20AM, and P3: 10:30AM to 12:00PM) and the next month (December) it switch to Afternoon schedule (P4: 2:00 PM to 2:50PM, P5: 3:00PM to 3:50PM, and P6: 04:00PM to 04:50PM)

The question is Does power school have any option that link between Calendar set up and Schedule

(automatic)need your help.PNG

Thanks in advance

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Community Moderator ScottS
Community Moderator

Re: Ask your support on schedule now our school is switch time Morning schedule and the next month (

Hi @Sarlyna,

Thank you for posting your question in the PowerSchool Community!

The Schedule section on the Edit Section page controlls the Expression value. The Expression is used to determine what periods and cycle day combinations that a section will appear on. In your screen shots, the section you are showing has an expression of  P1(A) P2(A) meaning that for every A day in your calendar, the section will be active in Periods 1 and 2.

If, for example, on your Afternoon Schedule (periods P4-P6) you wanted the section to run on your C day in periods P4 and P5, you could check the checkbox for P4 and P5 under the C day.

Please let me know if this makes sense, and if I can be of further assistance.

Scott S.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator

Re: Ask your support on schedule now our school is switch time Morning schedule and the next month (

Hi @Sarlyna,

Regarding the issue with importing the sections records, I would recommend reaching out to your school's designated support contact to review the import template for the Master Schedule available on PowerSource. It looks like the mapping on your example import may not be matching what PowerSchool expects.

One trick you could use to determine what PowerSchool needs to see in the record itself would be to set up an example section with the expression you need, and then view the record in DDE to see what the correct field value is. You can then use that to adjust the value for the Expression field in your import file, and you should see the imported sections behave the way that you expect.

Scott S.
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
3 Replies
Community Moderator

Hi @Sarlyna,

Thank you for posting your question in the PowerSchool Community!

The Schedule section on the Edit Section page controlls the Expression value. The Expression is used to determine what periods and cycle day combinations that a section will appear on. In your screen shots, the section you are showing has an expression of  P1(A) P2(A) meaning that for every A day in your calendar, the section will be active in Periods 1 and 2.

If, for example, on your Afternoon Schedule (periods P4-P6) you wanted the section to run on your C day in periods P4 and P5, you could check the checkbox for P4 and P5 under the C day.

Please let me know if this makes sense, and if I can be of further assistance.

Scott S.
Sarlyna
Rookie

Dear ScottS,

Frist of all, I would like to say thank you for your idears on this issue.

Yes, Now I can find the a good sultion on this issue.

Day Letter.PNG

But It have some problem on Sections (Master Schdule) Import is differnce the file we have import.  

Ex:

SchoolID Course Number Section Number TermID Expression Teacher
3 Math TA07A 2900 P3(MD-MF) P3(AW-AF) P-Chen

and it doesn't show up on seection the same as file we have import.

Differnce .PNG

Thanks in advance.

Sar Lyna

Community Moderator

Hi @Sarlyna,

Regarding the issue with importing the sections records, I would recommend reaching out to your school's designated support contact to review the import template for the Master Schedule available on PowerSource. It looks like the mapping on your example import may not be matching what PowerSchool expects.

One trick you could use to determine what PowerSchool needs to see in the record itself would be to set up an example section with the expression you need, and then view the record in DDE to see what the correct field value is. You can then use that to adjust the value for the Expression field in your import file, and you should see the imported sections behave the way that you expect.

Scott S.