Article Changing-Section-Expression-Mid-Year Access

Highlighted
PowerSchool Champion
PowerSchool Champion

Article Changing-Section-Expression-Mid-Year Access

I am trying to access the following article:

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-Scheduling/Changing-Section-Expression-Mid-Year/ta-p/115...

I am getting this message:

Hmm, it looks like you don't have access to this resource

Request help in accessing this message.

Thanks,

Jose Calahorrano

5 Replies
Community Moderator jamiem7
Community Moderator

Re: Article Changing-Section-Expression-Mid-Year Access

Thank you for reaching out in the Community!

The article has been removed from the PowerSchool Community.  Articles are removed when the process is no longer related to the product.  

The Community does have many articles for the PowerSchool SIS product as well has a discussion forum to connect with other PowerSchool SIS Administrators to work through any questions or issues.  I have provided a link to the PowerSchool SIS product page below.

PowerSchool SIS Community product page

Jamie H.
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DawnE5
Rookie

Hi Jose,

I need to do the same .Were you successful ?

Thanks Dawn

Community Support Expert Reshma
Community Support Expert

Hi @DawnE5,

I appreciate your question!  We have made changes to the process of changing expression in the middle of the year from the version 19.4.3 of PowerSchool SIS.  This can no longer be done as it may result in various open defects to affect the system. 

I recommend creating a new section and enroll the students into this section by dropping them from the existing section.  I am glad to share a link on changing the section expression for your reference, if you have DSC roles you should be able to review it:

How To Move a Class in PowerSchool SIS (change the Section Expression) 

I recommend working with a designated support contact within your district to review this article if you are unable to access it.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
DawnE5
Rookie

Thanks ...its a year-long course & would lose grade if creating a new section?

Community Support Expert Reshma
Community Support Expert

Hi Dawn,

You should be able to transfer grades from the existing section to the created section using the Transfer Scores option added to PowerTeacher Pro in version 19.4 to copy assignments to the new Section.

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert