Are notes archived year to year

jweld
Padawan

Are notes archived year to year

I"m in my third year and I've been making notes on the students' quick view to document contacts, etc. My issue is that I didn't realize those notes don't show up from year to year. I've had a young fella for several years and we recently had an incident. I have four emails where I can show I contacted parents about missing work or cheerleading when he did great. I'd love to be able to show I tried calling them and did not get an answer and I KNOW I documented in eSchool. Does anyone know if old notes can be found?

3 Replies
Reshma
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jweld,

Thank you for reaching out to PowerSchool Community!

To assist you further, would you please confirm if you were referring to referring to the student drawer in the Teacher Access Center where notes are created and saved? 

Reshma
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
jweld
Padawan

Yes - it is on the student quickview. Thank you. I have parents who state I have not contacted them in past years, but I make notes on the student quick view all the time. 

JyotishkaB
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @jweld

If the notes were saved properly they should be in the database. We recommend you reach out to your district Designated Support Contact informing them about the issue so that they can work with PowerSchool Support through a case and have them look into your database and help you retrieve the data.

Jyotishka B.
Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!