Accidentally did build without validation

BKaron
Trainee

Accidentally did build without validation

I am getting a ton of errors about invalid courses, section links, and section counts.  These all might be because I accidentally did a build (I missed the validate box because I was going too fast).  I have used the function to delete the master, but I don't know if that has worked.  When I do course reports, I see there are sections.  Visual scheduler opens and there are no sections there.  I shouldn't be able to open visual scheduler during the validate period right?

6 Replies
legaultso
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

You will get an invalid course message if the course is not in the active course catalog in Powerscheduler or the Schedule this course is not checked  or the course is not set to available for the year that you are scheduling.   

If you have deleted the Master Schedule, you will have to Build the master schedule again.  

Have you stepped through the Powerscheduler steps to ensure that you have followed the steps correctly? 

https://docs.powerschool.com/PSHSA/20.11/powerscheduler/powerscheduler-get-stared

• Are all of the courses in the course catalog defined to be included in the master schedule?
  • Do all of the courses in the master schedule contain the correct number of sections?
  • Did the system respect all of the constraints you defined?
  • Did the system schedule all of the courses in rooms with any required facilities?

The following is a checklist you can use to be sure that your student schedules are complete:

• You built a master schedule.
  • You worked on conflicts, identified patterns, and corrected problems.
  • You updated your master schedule.
  • You optimized your master schedule. (optional)
  • You ran a load.
  • You checked your balances.
  • You accommodated all student course requests. (optional)
  • You reloaded and made any manual adjustments.
  • Your balances are satisfactory.
  • Your teacher schedules are satisfactory.

legaultso
PowerSchool Mentor
PowerSchool Mentor

Please check this out as you will have to create a new scenario. 

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/PowerSchool-SIS-Knowledge-Base/PowerScheduler-Checklist-Build-and-Lo...

BKaron
Trainee

Am I able to use the functions to copy the scenario with just the course and teacher preferences or will I need to do that all from scratch?

KritiS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BKaron 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community for assistance!

You should be able to copy the scenario and start over with the options that you select by navigating to Start Page > PowerScheduler > Scheduling Functions > Duplicate Scenarios. Where you will be able to select the scenario of your choice and then select items to copy.

Please let us know if this helps. 

KritiS
PowerSchool Community Support Expert

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
BKaron
Trainee

Toggling most of the information worked.  The issue is that the servers on the PS side were not picking up the changes I was making and so I was getting old errors that had been fixed.  Some time went by and then all of a sudden I have a validation.

However even with the build validated, I am unable to produce a build and I either get to 14% or I get old validation errors that have been fixed for a couple days. Very frustrating.

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @BKaron,

Please go through your build logs and check if you are getting any errors in there, if so then please share the error message with us to troubleshoot this issue further.

ParitoshT

Community Moderator