Access to LiveAssist Chat in PowerSchool Community

ejanowiak
Rookie

Access to LiveAssist Chat in PowerSchool Community

Hello,

I am newly registered user of the PowerSchool Community and I am unable to access the Chat option - which I believe is called LiveAssist.  I have seen the option available in the Contact Support drop-down menu on my colleagues PowerSchool Community screen. Any one have any suggestions as to what I need to do to access the Chat feature?

Thank you

Elizabeth

9 Replies
KimL5
Journeyman

Re: Access to LiveAssist Chat in PowerSchool Community

Keep in mind that once you select Launch Chat Support, you fill out a brief form. You will lthen need to install or launch an executable file. Once the session is launched look for a 'new window'.  That is the 'Chat Window'.  I for one love this version of support!

ejanowiak
Rookie

KimL5,

Thank you for your reply.  Can you share with me the steps to select Launch Chat Support.  I do not see that option on any of my screens or within my menus when I log into the Powerchool Community.

Elizabeth

KimL5
Journeyman

First Log in to the PowerSchool Community at https://help.powerschool.com/  

Select Contact Support  >  and select Launch Live Chat.

There is a short form to fill out that begins the process.  At the bottom select Launch Live Assist

At this point there will be a seperate windown launched on another tab --- Live Assist.

You will then be connected to a Technical Support person.  You can type questions back and forth.  They also have the ability to coonnect via Bomgar and see your screen with your permission.

If I recall - there might be an executable file download the first time you need to log in -- perhaps it is just for the initial Bomgar connection.  Hope this helps.

I actually logged a Live Assist Chat to make sure I had all the instructions.  They are looking for an 'instruction document'  I'll attach it to this discussion if they come up with anythings.

Thank you,

Kim

KimL5
Journeyman

journeyman, evidenlty it matters if you are technical contact or not.  If you are not a Technical Contact you don't have access to the connection.

ejanowiak
Rookie

Thank you for checking on this for me.  I am kind of disappointed that the chat feature is only available to those that are designated as a technical contact.  Sometimes there are simple questions that other PowerSchool admin users have that a chat conversation could solve without having to bother the technical staff within our buildings.  

Oh well,

Elizabeth

Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Hi @ejanowiak,

Thank you for your post!  I understand how the chat feature could be helpful and save time without having to reach out for assistance from the technical contacts in your building.  I will be happy to submit this as a feature request to our Product Team.  If they need any additional information they will reach out to you.  We appreciate your feedback!  

Best,

Angelam
PowerSchool Community Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ejanowia, 

Thank you for your post!  I'll be in touch shortly to gather some more details to help with your request.

JbidK
PowerSchool Community Manager
ejanowiak
Rookie

We are using PowerSchool 12 - my responsibility is to help faciliate our use of PowerSchool online registration for School District 13.  The district also uses PowerTeacher.

Elizabeth

Community Moderator Angelam7
Community Moderator

Hi @ejanowiak,

I will follow up with you through a direct message to gather more information.

Thank you,

Angelam
PowerSchool Community Moderator