Access here doesn't match powersource

KatieH2
Journeyman

Access here doesn't match powersource

I am unable to access content in the community, despite being a technical contact for my district. Please advise.

3 Replies
MuskanS
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi! @KatieH2,  

Some pages are open to all Community members while others are restricted to certain roles within a district such as a Designated Support Contact.  If you are not a Designated Support Contact and you feel you should be a Designated Support Contact, I recommend reaching out to the existing Designated Support Contacts in the district to request the access to be added to your account.

You can also email businessoperations@powerschool.com and PowerSchool will work with your school district to request the role is added to your PowerSchool account on your behalf.

Here I have a great article addressing Getting started on PowerSchool Community as Designated Support Contact. 

If you are a Designated Support Contact and you are unable to access certain knowledgebase articles and discussion forums in the Community, I recommend reviewing the tips below to ensure your PowerSchool Community account is set up to allow the correct access.

• If you have created an account in the PowerSchool Community recently, it can take a few hours to allow the access level to update to your account.
  • We encourage you to create an account using your staff email address.

Muskan Sehar

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If a suggestion solves your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!
Community Moderator
KatieH2
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply. I am a designated support contact for my district. I made this account weeks ago and used the same email as my PowerSource email (my district email address). I have put in a case there about this.

K

ParitoshT
Community Support Expert
Community Support Expert

Hi @KatieH2 ,

I have reached out to you privately to discuss further regarding your concerns.  You can view your private messages inside the PowerSchool Community by selecting the envelope in the top right corner of any page in the Community to the right of your avatar. When a new message appears, you should see the number one with a dark red circle on the envelope.

Paritosh T.
PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you!
If a suggestion helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on the post so others can see the solution, too!