“Plain Paper Scanning” allows for paper pencil tests to be scanned directly from the paper pencil test session in “Testing Center.”
*Note: This feature is only compatible with TWAIN driver scanners.
To access “Plain Paper Scanning” from a paper pencil test session:
1. From the “Dashboard”, select “Testing Center.” 2. Select the subject from the “Subject” drop-down menu. 3. Select the desired assessment from the “Exam” drop-down menu. 4. Select the paper pencil test session from the list on the left.
*Note: If a paper pencil test session does not exist for the selected course, one must be created before proceeding.
5. Once a paper pencil test session has been selected, the “Scanning” button will be visible next to the stoplight icon. 6. Click the “Scanning” button.
7. Upon navigating to this page the first time, a prompt will appear requesting to install the plug-in needed for scanning. Click “Download” to install the plug-in.
8. Once the plug-in has been installed, the scanner will be listed on the top left of the screen, as indicated with a blue arrow in the following image.
The e-mail address for the primary teacher of the section will be listed in the e-mail address box, indicated with a pink arrow in the following image. The e-mail address may be changed at any point prior to submitting the scans. A summary e-mail will be sent to the listed e-mail address.
9. To begin scanning, load the bubble sheets into the scanner. When ready to scan, click the “Scan” button, indicated by a blue arrow in the following image. As the sheets are scanned, an image of each scanned sheet will appear on the right. 10. Once all bubble sheets have been scanned, click, “Submit,” indicated by an pink arrow in the following image. The sheets will be loaded into PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics and will be available in “Reporting” within a few minutes. If an e-mail address is entered, a summary e-mail will be sent to the listed e-mail address.