Assessments aren't showing up in Gradebook

Highlighted
cantormel

Assessments aren't showing up in Gradebook

Why is it that some of the Powerschool assessments do not appear in the gradebook?  And, how do I make sure they ALL show up in the gradebook?

Thanks!

3 Replies
PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Re: Assessments aren't showing up in Gradebook

Good afternoon @cantormel!

Thank you for your post! Final assessment grades in Unified Classroom should be automatically ported into Gradebook. That said, if you are using PowerSchool Assessment & Analytics (which is a separate assessment solution from Unified Classroom), this solution is not currently integrated with Gradebook in the same way and would require the district to export and import grades data manually. If you are currently using Unified Classroom and are seeing some but not all of your final grades populating, we will be happy to look into the steps of getting a case open with Support to better assist you as needed!

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Moderator 

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!
cantormel

Thanks so much.  I am not using unified classroom.  How do I open a support ticket?

PowerSchool Team
PowerSchool Team

Good Afternoon @cantormel!

I reached out to gather some more information for you and it appears your account is actually associated with PowerSchool Learning rather than Unified Classroom or Assessment & Analytics. With that, it should be possible to use Manage Assessment > Edit to see the settings for any assessment that you do not see grades for in the gradebook.

Additionally, there are a few additional troubleshooting steps that may be contributing to the Assessments not displaying in Gradebook. First, you will want to verify a gradebook entry is tied to the assessment. The total points should be listed when going to manage the assessment, if it has been connected to the gradebook. You will also want to check to see if the assessments have been set up as an Exam or a Practice. Exams may have objective and short and long answer items and may require that they are graded before the grade pushes to the gradebook. Lastly, you will want to check to see how many attempts have been allowed for these assessments. If multiple attempts are allowed, those attempts may not have been completed yet and a grade may not have yet been pushed to the gradebook. The following article from the Learning Knowledge Base about assessments in Learning may be a helpful resource as well: 

https://help.powerschool.com/t5/Learning-Assessments/How-do-I-create-an-Assessment-in-PowerSchool-Le...

Best,

JoshK

PowerSchool Community Moderator

Remember to give Kudos to suggestions that help you! If another user helps solve your issue, please select Accept As Solution on their post so others can see the solution, too!